Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all just thought i would come on and announced that over the past 2 days i have had 3 litters born!!! The buck is a BEC (Black Eyed Cream) and the 3 does are: 1 BEC and 2 PEW's (Pink Eyed Whites). By the looks of things there aren't many litters in each litter but the highest number i got was 7.

Although i don't want to i might have to cull the litters down but the thing is i know it puts down your size but who says that we have the right to kill something that doesn't have a good reason to die? If it's ill fair enough but if it's healthy and good then we shouldnt say its not what im looking for then kill it. i find that wrong!!! goodness me what should i do guys?

attach pics later!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats on your litters!

Id leave them to be honest, 7 isnt too bad for a mum to manage. Its when you get to 12, 14, 16 etc and the majority are bucks that you really will think about culling numbers.
When you have 10x 6/7/8week old bucks that you cant sell and more litters on the way youll probably be less reluctant to cull if it gets to that stage.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
It is true but unless the litter is exceptionally large they will all eventually grow to their potential.If you are planning to show mice you may want them to grow on fast and also will need to breed frequently which can rapidly fill all your cages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts