Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or "RUB" as you crazy people call them ( :p jk of course!). a few weeks ago i was lookinf for the perfect storage bin to make into cages. and i found a great one at walmart! here is a link so you may look:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-12. ... 6/11014790

ignore the price on there. its $4 for one (no sets). so i got 2 (ive only made one a cage for now). they also had 8 oz water bottles there for around $2 which was great! i just thought i'd post this for anyone who is by a walmart and looking for something like this :) . here are pictures of mine (and yes i know the wheel is dangerous. its all i have at the moment). i used very small mesh so it was easy to attach with hot glue. the whole thing was very easy to make! (and i love how the handles snap the lid on)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same thing i did for all my mice, minus the mesh! :) and for right now, I bought 2 big (about 3 feet long, by 2 feet wide, by 1 foot deep) totes like that for around $9.00 each (also from walmart) to put my weaners in. I pulled 9 from their mommy last night, next week will be 9 more, 2 weeks later will be 10 more, and a week after that will be 10 more. And within the next week or 2, I will have another litter of pinks.

How long is a good amount of time to wait before females are rebred? I bought one female from a pet store, and I don't know how old she is, but I was hoping to get at least one more litter from her, as she makes BEAUTIFUL babies.... but I also want to make sure she gets a break, and doesn't have too much stress on her body.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have bin-style cages too. Mine are also from Walmart - cheap, clear, and they even come in very large sizes (which are the ones I bought!). Your meeses are adorable. ;)

Do you keep them on the floor, though? It might be better if they were kept on a table for better airflow.

·
Registered
436 Posts
True, but I might be a little worried about the dust in the air (which tends to sink down towards the floor, and mice have tiny respiratory systems that are prone to illness). Then again, most bedding has at least some amount of dust in it, so I might just be paranoid. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.