Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya my names Dannii and I cannot find a breeder anywhere in the north east, well county durham particularly. Because of this fiasco I would like to become a hobby breeder and breed only a couple of litters during the year. I would really like a chocolate fox doe but I dont know where to even start finding one as I do not know how I would get one which did not live near me lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I have photos of my males in the new and existing mice thread :D

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
there is a fox breeder in Manchester,not sure how far that is for you.He will be at the show held at sowood which is I think west yorkshire but again I know its north but might still be a long distance for you.If Manchester or Sowood are not to far let me know.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive never actually been to a mouse show as Ive never heard of them going on around county durham, where could i find more information about shows in the area? as Id love to show mice myself, Ive just requested a membership form for the national mouse club so hopefully I will be able to find more breeders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
danniixx said:
Hiya my names Dannii and I cannot find a breeder anywhere in the north east, well county durham particularly. Because of this fiasco I would like to become a hobby breeder and breed only a couple of litters during the year. I would really like a chocolate fox doe but I dont know where to even start finding one as I do not know how I would get one which did not live near me lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I have photos of my males in the new and existing mice thread :D
SNAP i live in the north east too, i am wanting two hairless doe's, struggling to find any. So thought i would have two satins instead cant find them either. Everyone is miles away unforunately, hope you manage to get sorted out.
sue x

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Never got the does as I couldnt travel there :cry: so Im going to find a couple of mice from a good pet shop i know and get used to breeding and find out which colours I like *please dont flame me for needing to use pet shop meeces* Ive decided to use my buck chester, from my other post in current mice, as he is very pretty with a good personality my other buck however, well, an unwashed sock has a better personality at times lol if I bred him would he go back in with my other buck? or would it be the end of their brotherhood friendship?

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
very unlikely he will mix back in.I started with pet shop mice,nothing wrong with that.They were a birthday present from my sister to my son but it was me who was captivated and I still am.

·
Registered
982 Posts
if there's a pet shop near you who have mice then there's also a breeder near you :!:

why don't you ask them if they could pass your details onto their breeder and ask them to get in touch? You could let the pet shop know you'd be happy to bring in baby mice for them should you have any surpluss but you're struggling to find breeders local to you?

I'm in Kent which is also an odd area for breeders but thankfully I found a couple, well ONE actually who's given me some stonking foundation stock - and one (tends) to lead to another and I'm in touch with a few now but it does take time and as Sarah already says it's not easy when there's something you want, having to wait I mean.

Ps Sarahc all the animals (all 84 of them!!) are "my children's" lol :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts