Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to grab this genetics thing..... am I right in thinking that my baby mouse that is double banded ... from broken parents .. is not really double banded but broken? just a pure fluke thing.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Can you post a photo? But yes, from two broken parents it can't be banded, as banded is a dominant gene and broken is recessive. There isn't a gene that causes 'double banded' with regularity that I'm aware of anyway (it does occur but it isn't bred for).

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

he is the mouse at the back with a small headspot will try to upload another of him can someone tell me what colour he is too please? ... thanks not a good shot of his markings I know.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'd like to know that too as I have some like that but sorry to say they are petshop mice, and in my naivety bred from them :roll: got some stunning BT's from them though (dad was BT). Breeders mice from now on me thinks ;) Pet shop mice just dont fair so good with having babies and dont seem to recover as well :(

They look really cute dangermouse :)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Dad looks like a broken and mum is either a bad banded or broken. I think your baby could possibly be a banded with white spotting, or it could be a broken. The baby looks to be chocolate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts