Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry wasnt sure whether tyo put this here or in the genetic part.

1 Male Astrex (Champange?) & 2 Female Astrex ( One champange and one black) (they are either astrex or texel im not sure.

A double banded agouti male to a chocolate tan rumpwhite female

Argente male to a agouti female.

any ideas od what colours to expect from any of the litters?

I can provide picture of all mice if needed to see what they acutally are ( quite rubbish of certain colours i am lol )

Also i dont know what any are carry.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Hiya, are you breeding again then? I know you rehomed all your mice not very long ago so is this for you, theory or a friend? :)

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MouseBreeder said:
Hiya, are you breeding again then? I know you rehomed all your mice not very long ago so is this for you, theory or a friend? :)
I did have to unfortunatly but yes i got everything sorted after christmas and can now handle my money a lot better now :D

Yep these are for me, they were all placed together yesterday, and all i know is agouti tend to throw pretty much anything out lol

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Mischievous_Mark said:
1 Male Astrex (Champange?) & 2 Female Astrex ( One champange and one black) (they are either astrex or texel im not sure.

Astrex is usually dominant although there is also a rarer recessive version of the gene. However I'd expect that you will get mostly astrex with the possibility of some normals if the parents are heterozygous. Black is dominant over champagne (champagne is PE chocolate) so unless the black carries something else you would get blacks.

Banded and rumpwhite are both dominant, I don't *know* which is more dominant but I'd guess rumpwhite due to the fact that it's homozygous lethal. Anyway you're likely to get both since rumpwhite has to have a non-rumpwhite gene too, and the banded would be dominant to that. You'll also get unmarked mice unless by double banded you mean genetically it has two banded genes (in which case it won't look like a normal banded). Colour-wise again it depends on what they carry but at face value agouti tan and possibly plain agouti too.

Argente x agouti would give you agouti. If the agouti carries PE dilution you'll get argentes too (this is PE agouti).

Hope this helps. You may get some completely different mice too because you don't know what genes are carried...

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MouseBreeder said:
Mischievous_Mark said:

Astrex is usually dominant although there is also a rarer recessive version of the gene. However I'd expect that you will get mostly astrex with the possibility of some normals if the parents are heterozygous. Black is dominant over champagne (champagne is PE chocolate) so unless the black carries something else you would get blacks.

Banded and rumpwhite are both dominant, I don't *know* which is more dominant but I'd guess rumpwhite due to the fact that it's homozygous lethal. Anyway you're likely to get both since rumpwhite has to have a non-rumpwhite gene too, and the banded would be dominant to that. You'll also get unmarked mice unless by double banded you mean genetically it has two banded genes (in which case it won't look like a normal banded). Colour-wise again it depends on what they carry but at face value agouti tan and possibly plain agouti too.

Argente x agouti would give you agouti. If the agouti carries PE dilution you'll get argentes too (this is PE agouti).

Hope this helps. You may get some completely different mice too because you don't know what genes are carried...
Well at least i have an idea of what to expect.

This is the banded guy but you cant see the colour on his rump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts