Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really keen to start breeding (and hopefully exhibiting) himalayan-marked mice, any information on foundation stock and breeding plan/s would be hugely appreciated.

I'm aiming to get in a couple of really good pew's and siamese but I would also like an ivory satin (pure bred if possible) and possibly a satin siamese too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd definately recommend joining the NMC if you haven't done so already, the year book has lot's of information that will be useful.

I have a couple of trio of Siamese, and may have babies available soon. I'll keep you updated and see if I can sort you out with anything. I have plans for Satin siamese, so will probably have some himilayan out of that breeding too at some point.

Paul

·
Registered
374 Posts
good luck naomi, it is somthing i tried and failed at.... due to my obsession with the contrast, which you don't really get just by breeding siamese X PEW or any other combination as the himalayans produced appear to be what i would call chocolate himis.
After figuring out how much chance, and space most of all it would take, let alone anything else to actually achive 'black' himalayan mice, I decided it wasn't in my space range.
but i swear, if i had unlimited funds and a huge space to keep them in, there would be nothing on the planet to stop me!

vi x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts