Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was browsing the net and saw this forum--I love mice but hubby will not allow me to have any as we have 4 cats who are all show cats and thus live indoors. He thinks it would be too stressful to both mice and cats. Hope you don't mind non-owners joining as I would love to comment on all your lovely mice.

I especially like the Herefords, Tans and Satins. Can I ask, can you get blue tans like you can in rabbits?

Hope you will accept me as "mouse godmother" as I can't have my own :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hiya and welcome :) Yes, you can get blue tans in mice. What sort of cats do you have? Tbh, mice in a perfecto type tank would be safe from the cats as the mesh lids are too fine to get claws into. I always had gerbils in tanks when I was growing up, the cats often sat on the tanks but the gerbils never seemed that fussed!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Hehe your just down the road from me if you ever feel the need to have a play with mice, clean, fee,cooo over baby mice. then just pop in lol.

Welcome to the forum

A lot of people keep mice and cats and they dont seem to have a problem, My cats live at my mums house though so techniqically i dont count lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone and thanks for your replies--as I keep telling OH, Many of my cat friends have hamsters,gerbils etc but to be honest I think the cat/mouse stress thing is just an excuse on his part :cry: He isn't into animals nearly as much as I am :) Although to be fair he loved the pic of the little Hereford mouse when I showed it to him.

Julie, my cats are as follows;

Zola, 3 year old chocolate-silver spotted tabby Ocicat male neuter. (White background with rich chocolate spots and stripes).
Sprite, 3 year old black smoke spotted Egyptian Mau (white undercoat heavily shaded in black with black spots and stripes too.) Female neuter.
Faustus. 18 month old black smoke spotted Egyptian Mau. Male neuter. colour as above.
TinTin, 18 month old caramel classic tabby oriental male neuter (my baby), (cream background with pinkish/lilac brown markings in swirls and stripes---looks like banoffi pie).

Mark---you'll probably regret that offer when you find me camping on your doorstep! :lol:

Thanks for making me welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Welcome! Your cats sound fab :D

I have 5 mice in 2 cages and 1 cat who would dearly love to get closer to the mice! The mice aren't at all bothered by him constantly staring in and some come up to the bars to investigate!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tratallen said:
Yep, I have a cat too!

Hi Scatterbrain, pleased to meet you :welcomeany
Erm, I think I speak for many when I say......we're going to need to see pictures of those cats

xx
I'll do my best--but I think it is safe to say that I am technologically challenged when it comes to adding pics to forums----so far I have failed miserably with both the Oriantal cat forum and the Trollbeads forum! :lol: I'll try a pic of TinTin first and then if that works I'll do the other 3.

Here goes!!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Sarah,

I waited for 10 years for a show quality classic tabby Oriental--they are VERY rare and most good ones are kept for breeding---luckily the breeder and I had a mutual friend in the Oriental cat world back from when I used to breed cats myself and she put in a good word for me. He is a real "Mummy's boy" and his official name is PR (meaning Premier, which is the equivalent of Champion but used for neutered cats) Oopseeidee Making Waves!

This one should be Sprite , my Smoke Egyptian Mau girl as a young kitten,
smokegirltalking.jpg[/attachment]

I'll try adding the others later as some of them are too big and I need hubby to tinker with them!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okay--here should be the final pics; Sprite as an adult
sprite tummy.jpg

Zola doing his "hedwig" impersonation
100_0505.jpg

And finally, wee Faustus crashed out with TinTin in background.
185a.jpg

Fingers crossed that you can see them!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts