Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Firstly i'd like to say thanks to Dom for telling me about this site,looks very friendly with lots of info on all things mouse related.

I used to breed years ago,rats,mice and gerbils,after recently geting some rats and mice for my two boys i've got the bug again :lol: . I contacted Dom looking for foundation stock to start breeding on a small scale with a view to maybe further down the line,showing-he kindly suggested i joined this forum. I would like to make contact with quality breeders of mice as i'd like to start off with the best mice i can source,i'm in scotland and finding it rather difficult to find what i'm looking for.
As well as making contact with good breeders i'd also like to participate in this forum,when i was breeding years ago i had no idea of the wonderful varieties of mice there are so i've a lot to catch up on :lol: ,also if i can contribute in any way to the forum on my experience so far,i'd be delighted to do so.
I have 19 rats at he moment,one of which is on loan from a breeder to cover my lovely siamese doe,i also have seven delightfull little mice aged seven weeks,three boys and two girls.
Thanks for reading,
Kind regards Mel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
julieszoo said:
Welcome to the forum Mel :) What varieties of rats amd mice do you keep?
Hiya,thanks all for the welcome :)

I've got seven gorgeous little caramel/golden coloured mice(pet shop quality) could'nt tell you their names,just got in the door and they were immediately adopted by the boys They're collectively known as micicles,as named by my wee one :lol: will try get pics on tonight of mice and ratties.

ratties;the big lads two girls,an agouti and agouti hoodie,who sit on his shoulders when he plays his xbox and generaly get involved in most things he does including on occations eating his tea :roll:
2 chinchilla'd agoutis one male one female,Sage and Pansy,
large agouti male Chives,faded husky male Henry(the old man) and wee Dumbledor the dumbo mismarked black hoodie,10wks
4 gorgeous girls,one striped husky-Sky,one faded husky-Ocean,one gorgeous hymalayan-Tundra and my wee ones girl-Biscuit,a mismarked champaigne hoodie,he plans to show her in the pet section at the scottish show,they all live in a huge cage together.
2 gorgeous wheaton sisters with siamese points called Nuy and Poppy.
and a caramel coloured hoodie called Honey who lives with Pansy.
4 of the girls,all agouti have just gone to thier forever homes together with a large 3 tier chin cage,they went to an excellent home,Hazel and her kids are delighted with them.

Where do i post pics of them?
Regards Mel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Karen,
The Chinchilla'd Agouti both came from a breeder in Ayrshire as did the Wheatons,it's Siamese markings they have,i know the father of the girls was a Siamese.Would love to put some pics of them and the others including the mice on the site but my pics are too big and i don't know how to convert them :?
Will be the weekend before i can get someone to show me how to do it....useless with the pc me :lol:

Regards Mel.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the resizing guide Dom.

Here's some of the pics,i did'nt get any of honey as she's very heavily pregnant n stayed in her bed bless her.Pansy was'nt in the mood for a foto either. Some of the pics are'nt too great,wee blighters would'nt keep still :roll:
more pics to follow,can't get more than five on this post.

Mel.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
moustress said:
You have some awesome ratties; I especially like the black and white one and the one that looks mottled or variegated.
Hi Mousestress,
Thanks for that,yes i got the wee dumbo as he looked part variegated but he's probably just a mismarked hoodie,he's a wee sweetie too.
In reply to your earlier post...think i was puting on pics when you posted :lol:
The ratties make super pets,the more you put in the more you get out,the girlies esp are fun to have as pets,very affectionate,cheeky,clever pets with a sense of humour,never a dull moment with ratties,if your thinking of geting some you should-you'll never look back :D

Has to be said though,the moment i saw the wee mice they stole my heart :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tratallen said:
Hi.....
I love the hammock!
What a wonderful idea :)
Hiya,
Thanks, i tend to change the hammocks often,esp the girlies as they tend to marinade in their hammocks :lol: Even the boys don't get thier hammock that dirty :roll: The clips make it very quick and easy to change to a new one.

Mel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this...apologies if it is'nt...

Have decided to concentrate on the ratties for now so giving up the micicles :( it's so difficult trying to source mice in scotland...as it is for ratties :( as everything seems to be down south.I spoke to a woman today who used to breed siamese mice in glasgow,she's recently closed her mousery,she found it equally difficult,infact she said she was often down south on a monthly basis :shock: not something i'd be prepaired to do at this time.
Have realy enjoyed the forum for the short time i used it and learned a lot from it,would have no hesitation in recomending the forum to anyone interested in breeding mice,friendly,informative and fun.
Wishing everyone all the very best,
Kind regards Mel.x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts