Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my previous posts you may have noted my intrest in the Hereford. Some questions please?

1. How do you breed a Hereford so as to get the markings?

2. If you breed Herefords are you guarenteed to keep the markings?

3. Does anyone breed/sell them or know of someone who does?

Thanks all

Calimero :twisted:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'll be so jealous if you get herefords, I absolutely love them.
I haven't seen them around much so might be hard to track some down, there are definately breeders somewhere though as I saw one being exhibited at Peterborough last weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
1. How do you breed a Hereford so as to get the markings?
The same way you breed any marked mouse really - you put the best to the best and hope :lol: Seriously though, it's all down to selection and a lot of hard work.

2. If you breed Herefords are you guarenteed to keep the markings?
Not sure what you mean by this. If you breed hereford to something other than hereford then the markings will suffer. You will be able to get them back eventually but you need a really good reason to do this. As with all marked mice you won't get many decent showable mice from the ones you breed.

3. Does anyone breed/sell them or know of someone who does?
There are a few breeders down south. You need to join the NMC and then you'll get a yearbook with a list of breeders and some adverts for what they breed. Then you can get in touch and speak to a hereford breeder to see if they really are the variety for you. I recommend against them for a novice, as I have said before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.