Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
still getting muddled with cavy colours naomi!! careful! no de or pe versions in mice, they all have separate names. dark eyes is red, pink eyes is fawn. so he's a red ;) As for the other, err, not entirely sure, but my money is on champagne.

lovely lad though, really. i soooooo want some more satins, anyone got broken satins? :D

vi x

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
That mouse looks either very pale argente or very very pale fawn to me. I don't think it's champagne as it's too orangey. If you knew its parents you could make a better guess though ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
never thought of pale fawn! i seem to forget there are pale versions of colours in mice too :p

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
goodness only knows what his parents were / are :lol: as far as I know he's from the same parents as the red but won't ever actually know!

He looks cream "in the fur" but satins are really hard to photograph because the flash reflects badly on the shiny coat, will try to get some better pictures of him as he grows and we'll have a better idea of what he is when I breed him to a self with history ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
cream in mice looks almost white, and definatly not what we'd call cream by any standard in cavies. let's see if i can fish a picture of opal out, she was a cream satin from the one and only Cait :) oh and cream mice have dark eyes i believe?

vi x

·
Registered
374 Posts
yeah, i found it a bit odd when i was trying to learn the colours too!

vi x

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
You can get PE creams but they can be hard if not impossible to tell from PEWs ;) That mouse is definitely not a cream. If it has the same parents as the red, it's likely that it's a pale fawn since red and fawn are the same gene.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts