1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone help me !!!

Hello all,

I'm new to this site.. so here is a little background info:

I am 18, and just got pet mice again, I haven't had any since about the sixth grade, so I'm looking for some advice on my current situation. So here it is:

I bought a mouse [named Tink] and she is a very cute white and spotted fancy mouse. My dad would not let me bring her and her new found cage home, so I had her live at my boyfriends house for a while.

WELL

My boyfriend decided to bring home another pet mouse that is all black named Zen. When we tried to put Zen in the cage with Tink, Tink kind of freaked out and was a jerk. [Which is understandable due to the fact that she has lived alone for awhile and had become territorial]

SO

I bought this new mouse a cage and brought both of them back to my house [with my dad's permission]

BUT

Zen is a very unhappy camper, she gets very afraid if you try to take her out, and instantly starts to pee everywhere. I thought if I let her chill out for a while she would come around, but not such luck. :(

So here's the deal, does anyone think getting her a friend would help her out? Or should I just leave her be?

Any advice would really be amazing.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hiya

Whenever you introduce mice you should do it in a small area-generally that is neutral ground, so not putting one into the others cage but putting them both somewhere new, or at least a freshly cleaned cage so the smells arent there

You should definitely confirm their genders before keeping them together, two males could do eachother harm and male and female obviously ends in a pile of babies. If they are not together and the new one turns out to be male I'd suggest buying another confirmed female for your mouse to live with, lone does don't do so well as theyre social

If your peeing mouse does turn out to be female she could just be naturally more nervy. Just keep handling her and it may go away. And yes if shes female she will need a friend ideally. Try the mouse you tried originally only on neutral ground and preferbly somewhere small like a small tub. Once theyre friends you can put them into a freshly cleaned cage together-add toys and things gradually so they don't fight over them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts