Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not the Board Game Lol One of my fancy mice has escaped and is chewing everything and needs to be caught quickly ! So i am looking for a Humane Live trap to either borrow or buy or maybe even a reccomendation please ladies and gents. Many Thanks :)

· Premium Member
1,625 Posts
if you have a B&Q near you, they sell live traps.

I have used one a while back for catching an escaped rat, they work really well,

only other suggestion is to just leave an open cage out with bedding food, water etc.

they usually come back to it, but you have to spot them in it, to close the door.

good luck with the hunt.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou yes i had thought of a open inviting looking cage with yummies in for it except im not in the rodent room enough to catch it at just the right moment :(

· Registered
51 Posts
This sounds silly, but it works...

Get a small trash bin. Layer the bottom with a towel or bedding...at least two inches of bedding. Make a long ramp that leads up to the lip of the can. Put a favorite treat...like a Cheerio smeared with a bit of Peanut Butter at the top of the ramp, then sprinkle the floor of the bin with more cheerios (or whatever) and a shallow dish of water. Put the entire contraption near where you think your mouse is hiding out. You mouse will crawl up the ramp to get the first treat, then leap in for the rest.....but cannot leap out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.