Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Choc Banded female had a litter 4 weeks ago. She had 10 but i culled some for feeder pinkies.
i have 4 left now, but the female i'm having a bit of problem identifying.
Female: She has a tiny patch of colour on the left side of her nose, and completely white else where.

Male: Either a Champagne or Argentine Banded+Headspot (i think it may be champagne). He's a Satin longhair aswell, and thats what caught me out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The buck looks like a champagne to me.

The females is interesting with just that tiny smudge, she even has dark whiskers there. My guess is that she is a chocolate broken just with very little chocolate, she is almost a BEW.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i think she's a choc broken too. When she was 2 weeks it was fairly clear, but now her hair's alot sparser so it looks lighter. She has lovely huge eyes aswell =D (can't tell in any of these pics though)

Thankyou for your help

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
She definately choc I reckon, probably lighter than standard... I say this because that champagne is a lovely light colour, so the choc underneath the pink eye must be lighter too.

Willow xx

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Chocolate would be my guess, too. The eyes will appear larger if there is contrast between them and the background color. In this case, it's black against white so that's about as much contrast as you can get. :)

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No seriously, i'll try and get a ic of here with her eyes fully open, i've never seen a mouse with such big eyes, and i've kept and bred BEWs before. So adorable!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts