Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just joined up today, so I figured I'd make my intro post so I could go take a peek at the rest of the forums. I have currently four pink eyed white females all living together, I think they're about three months old now, and all wonderful. I've had them about a month, and they're my first mice. I wish I'd started a lot sooner!

I'm currently doing a little research because I'm thinking maybe of trying out a little breeding next year, but I want to get a lot of info before I start thinking about it too seriously. I plan to keep all of the fuzzy spawn :3.

I also keep three leopard geckos, who are much less sociable than my radar eared babies.

I am looking for some coloured mice (specifically a little black male, if I can get my hands on one.) so I'ma go haunt the sales section for a bit.

K xxx

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I have just discovered via PM that Kage probably owns PEWs bred by me and taken to the one local pet shop I sometimes supply - small world :) Hi! :lol:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
MouseBreeder said:
I have just discovered via PM that Kage probably owns PEWs bred by me and taken to the one local pet shop I sometimes supply - small world :) Hi! :lol:
I thought the PEW in the photo had lovely ears, far too nice of a mouse to be a run of the mill pet shop mouse!

The pics look really lovely Kage, are you going to breed for show or hobby-I guess as it says you plan to keep all the babies then you wont be breeding many. I've got my fingers crossed for you that you dont get a litter full of males ;)

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ian said:
MouseBreeder said:
I thought the PEW in the photo had lovely ears, far too nice of a mouse to be a run of the mill pet shop mouse!

The pics look really lovely Kage, are you going to breed for show or hobby-I guess as it says you plan to keep all the babies then you wont be breeding many. I've got my fingers crossed for you that you dont get a litter full of males ;)
Me too, but if I did I'd pay for them to be nuetered, me thinks XD.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Thats shows commitment!
Other people have kept adult males together without any issues, as long as they stay together from a young age and are not seperated or bred from they might stay together without fighting. I keep my bucks together while they are young but they are seperated to be bred form and then have to live alone. They bucks get on well until I seperate them which is usually at about 10-12 weeks.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ian said:
Thats shows commitment!
Other people have kept adult males together without any issues, as long as they stay together from a young age and are not seperated or bred from they might stay together without fighting. I keep my bucks together while they are young but they are seperated to be bred form and then have to live alone. They bucks get on well until I seperate them which is usually at about 10-12 weeks.
Well, I was going to try keeping them with Daddy, but then I rememebered I'm going to want to breed him at least once more after the first ones... So we'll see how it goes. ;).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts