Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I've had pet mice for a number of years now and currently I have two beautiful black and tan broken does. I've decided I'd like to breed and show black eyed cream satins, so I'm spending the next couple of months putting the mousery together and making and furnishing all my boxes, then I'll be all ready to find my first breeding trio! I'm very excited and have been researching madly for the last few months. Anyway, this looked like a really nice and friendly forum so I decided to actually join rather than just haunt like normal lol. I look forward to getting to know you all and welcome any advice about BEC breeding specifically - all of the best books in my collection were written before the ce gene was discovered :)

Sarah.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Hi,nice to see someone else using their vivid imaginations to come up with a name.The person who goes by the name of mousebreeder on this forum breeds and shows (successfully)cream satins.She's working away for a few days,back by the weekend though.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Hello SarahY! If you're going to go into a specific variety i take it you're going to show as well, which is excellent. Not that i'm prone to jumping to conclusions or anything :D Mousebreeder is your girl, as SarahC says!

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Yes, I am hoping to show (need to get a car first though - I don't think the mice will enjoy going to them on my motorbike LOL). Cait has already been extremely helpful and kind, and it's so nice to see experienced breeders being so supportive of newbies.

Sarah x

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Hi Sarah, nice to see you here :) (and just so everyone knows, Sarah chose cream satins before she knew I bred them lol - she lives about 45 minutes from me). It'll be nice to see another new face at a show!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts