Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else on here from VA? :p

My name is Casey, and I live in Mechanicsville.
I've been breeding mice for quite some time now!
Most of my stock IS from pet stores, but from high quality mouseries. I do have a pair of show-type mice, and I hope to get more!

One of my lines has been going for... gosh... 10? 12? generations? And produces beautiful babies!

Anywho, here are some pictures of my mice as of now... I don't have pics of all of them, because when I did this little 'photo' shoot, one was in labor, and my batch of brindles were all taking care of their babies, and I didn't want to disturb them. x)

Here's my brindle buck

Here's my little banded girl, with folded ears! As far as I have found there are no health problems attatched to the folded ears. I'm hoping it's some kind of odd-ball trait that could be breedable... It would be adorable to breed tille folded eared mice!

Here's my Rex/hairless Buck. He's one BIG boy! :D

Here's my ... Satin... something. I'm not sure of the name for this one. :p
Also, we call 'satins' silkies around here. Lol. So if you ever hear me say silky, you'll know what I mean!

Here's my plain 'ole black male. He's real cute, when he gets excited, he squeaks over and over and over and over, lol! He does it especially when he gets new treats!(Not sniffles, don't worry! I've had it checked out)

Here's my Agouti? Female. I have a male that looks about the same, except he's got long patches of fur behind his ears!

I'm not sure WHAT this female is supposed to be, but she has an almost completely white tail! :p

Here's my hairless/rex female. I think she might be hairless/something else, her curls are SO much tighter than the male's.

Here's one of the hairless/rex babies, he was my absolute favorite out of the bunch, so I had to snap a pic before sending him on his way!

Here's a broken marked female silky? Is that all there is to it? :p

This WAS my slate female... But she didn't want to get her pic taken. :p
What's the proper term for her? I know the pic is bad, but she's gray, with a light gray, maybe white belly.

This is one of my favorites. I call her 'Big mama'. She's a B&T.
She's never produced a litter, and I wonder if she's sterile, but, she's so chunky and sweet.. <3
She's so skittish in the tank, but once you pick her out, she just loves to hang out. :)

Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am really protective of my brindle boy! He's the nicest looking brindle I've seen around here. :>

I've got a few mice that I'm calling 'broken marked brindles' right now, but I'm not 100% sure what exactly they are. They might be broken brindle, splashed, or tri colours, I have no idea. I'm not good with identities. x)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Do you have a picture of the broken brindles? (Most likey thats what they are)
The golden colored ones are recessive yellows (but can be called different things based on whatever standard you breed to)
Theres some people that breed for that folded ear look and some even for earless mice on another forum.
I love the hairless ones :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
No actually hes my one and only boy at the moment (spoiled :p) I used to have many mice, but the last of them passed away about 6 months ago. Ill post some pictures tonight, Im actually going to petsmart here in a second to see if I can find another mouse :p I am currently interested in a tri- colored or a siamese female :) or maybe even a male. Im not really interested in having pups right now :p

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmn.
I have a pair of tri-colour frizzles, and three mice that I suspect are brindle tri-colours. :)
I'm taking pictures of the 'brindle-tris' in just a bit, and I'll try to get them to you if you're interested.

I do have a siamese female, as well, but I don't think I'm going to let her go. She's actually a siamese fox, which is nice. But I don't know her age, and she's had some allergy problems before, so one of her ears is a bit messed up.

The frizzles, are a breeding pair, and won't have a litter ready for at least two months.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, I would be interested in seeing some pictures of those brindle-tri's. Ive actually been looking at brindles lately and I think they're very pretty :]
Are there certain kinds of mice that you are interested in? Like I said, Im going out to a few places today- If I see anything I can pick the mouse up for you.

Oh, and also- I had a mice with folded ears like yours a while back. No real health issues came with him.. but he did have a shorter life span than my other mice. Only about a year and a half- I never could figure out the reason tho :(

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have tons of brindles. x)
And lots of mice that are carrying brindle. I'll try to get pics of everyone that I have right now who either is brindle, or is carrying brindle. :)

As far as new mice for me, I'm mostly looking for show-body mice right now, or standard coat calico tris. x)
But I don't think you'll find any of those at the pet store today. :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
No most likely not X3! I realllly wanna start showing mice- do you know of any shows that are coming to VA this year?
I would like to start showing Kurtis, although Idk if hes show quality. Hes got a great coat, color, and body. But I want to talk to someone who has experience with shows and maybe have them look at him.. since I have no idea what Im doing XP

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jack Garcis on here, is a judge. :)
He can tell you all about your mouse's scores etc.

There aren't any shows here as far as i know. Some people bring mice to the pet expo and exotics expos here, but it's a slim chance, and even if they're there, it's slim pickings.
The closest show/convention that I know of, is the Rodent Fest in PA.

Here are those pics of the brindles, I'm not really 100% sure what they are. :p

And here's the second one:

Both are boys. I think the one on the bottom is just a broken marked brindle. But the one on the top might be a tri brindle, or a splashed brindle of some kind...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Awe :D! I love them ^_^ Idk which I like better though, I think the top one :3

I just purchased a male today- hes a light mocha. No marking except small tuffs of white fur behind his ears :) He has a short, silky coat. Hes almost full grown- hes quite large actually. Ima try to get some pictures on here this afternoon

·
Registered
122 Posts
No, not red eyes :( Ive had one before though, but he died literally the day I brought him home from petsmart... Im gonna stop buying from them -_-
No this guy has dark eyes. And hes not that light- hes like a dark tan/mocha. Theres absolutly no variation in his fur color. Not like most brown mice. Just very smooth. I cant explain it, Ill have to put up a picture to show you X3

Do you have any females that youre willing to trade?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.