Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Get them in a cool room with a fan, perhaps give them some frozen veg to help cool them down as they eat (peas/carrot/sweetcorn). Make sure they have access to water and if they are dehydrated as Leigh has already said you can give them dioralyte mixed as recommended for the youngest children. They should recover fairly quickly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They seemed to perk up as the night went on. This morning one was a lot better but the other has gone back down hill. I have got them all down on the floor now and gave them apple to try and get some moisture in them.

Thank you for all your advice Im off to dish out some frozen peas. fingers crossed!!

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
I just want to add that you should keep your eyes open for wet chins/necks.This is when heat has affected them badly,saliva runs down their necks in an ever increasing wet patch.Being stretched out and lethargic is not life threatening but the wet patch is the beginning of serious life threatening heat stroke.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that info Sarah - thankfully there was no sign of any wetness this morning when I left for work (im currently having a lunch time skive :D ) My prayers were answered at mid day and the weather broke and it has been raining and cooled down :) so hopefully I'll have two active does when I return home (fingers crossed)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts