Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ah the evils of free hosting...I'm still new, but I love coming on here, will definitely start donating next week. =]
I'll use my weekly Turkish Delight moneys. >,>
About time I broke that habit anyways. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Effy said:
Ah the evils of free hosting...I'm still new, but I love coming on here, will definitely start donating next week. =]
I'll use my weekly Turkish Delight moneys. >,>
About time I broke that habit anyways. :lol:
Its not a weekly / monthly thing we just need to hit the target for a whole years hosting. The only other thing i can think of is to have advertisements on the top of the site but i personally think that looks pants.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry Dom but I gotta say this forum is pants to get on to a lot of the time it's not funny when it happens mid post. I have used many free forums and this is by far the worst I have delt with. Can I suggest a subscription fee of 50p or so along side the donation request or a charge being requested against the listing of for sale items/mice again 50p or so to ensure a workable forum for the benefit of us all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The above's not a bad idea...paying to be able to advertise anything.

I have a quick question as well- When you say to add funds to the PP account so no-one gets charged...could I not just add a little extra to the donation I'm giving? Because I use my PP account a LOT (several times a day :oops: ) and it uses account funds before your bank funds, so I'd end up accidentally using the funds I'd added.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Dragonfly-Stud said:
Sorry Dom but I gotta say this forum is pants to get on to a lot of the time it's not funny when it happens mid post. I have used many free forums and this is by far the worst I have delt with. Can I suggest a subscription fee of 50p or so along side the donation request or a charge being requested against the listing of for sale items/mice again 50p or so to ensure a workable forum for the benefit of us all.
Hey Steve, Thanks for the feedback. I have suggested this before in another part of the forum and received a negative response from a few users, im not sure whether to just go ahead and do it but then would some/most people abandon the forum??

I really need more feedback from everyone on this.

Effy said:
The above's not a bad idea...paying to be able to advertise anything.

I have a quick question as well- When you say to add funds to the PP account so no-one gets charged...could I not just add a little extra to the donation I'm giving? Because I use my PP account a LOT (several times a day :oops: ) and it uses account funds before your bank funds, so I'd end up accidentally using the funds I'd added.
Hey Effy, You can donate anyway you like, its just some people have donated say £5 for example and then the total only goes up by £4.60 and then ask why... thats the only reason i added this bit.

Feel free to add a little to your donation if you like :D

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Well I wouldn't be opposed to a small fee for advertising stuff.As it stands those who have donated have got nothing more for their money so far and who knows when that will change.For me this website was well worth a donation but if eveyone isn't willing it's not going to happen.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I think a small fee for advertising stuff would be ok, though I think a 'membership fee' will put people off using the forum in the first place. After all, they don't know what it's like and how much they will use it until they have tried it and one thing every good forum needs is new members ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.