Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just returned from picking up a pair of harvest mice from Steve. They're in good condition and I hope will successfully breed in future... Sorry for the dodgy pics but they're all taken through glass!

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Steve got them from Spalding for me. They're in better condition than the pair I organised for someone else about a year ago. Apparently they're quite difficult to breed, and don't behave like our fancy mice, so I am keeping everything crossed that they decide they like each other. The meadow hay in their tank in my lounge smells nice though :lol:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hope they do well Cait my daughters not happy they have gone think she liked them ........funny though the first time she mentioned them was when they went lol.

·
Registered
341 Posts
really pleased for you that you finally got some!! good things come to those who wait and all that! :D they look healthy too

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not entirely sure these two aren't both bucks now - am going to have to catch them and have a proper look (until now I have left them be since they seem to get stressed when picked up, and bite - a lot). Anyway here are some more photos...

And if you ever wondered what a harvest mouse's tongue looked like...

Size compared to a normal size water bottle...

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So do I - and that they're not both male!!! If so it looks like it'll be a new palava to get a doe or two (d'oh).

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like they are both bucks, so I'm off on Sunday to get two does for them. I forgot how much I dislike the staff who work in most places that sell pets and how stupid they are (they were positive they gave Steve a 1.1 pair, and said they had 3 left - one male and two females - they can't have because they sent me two males :roll: ). Anyway, I hope these will be genuine does and that they will breed well... Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the new girls are here, and this time I do mean girls :lol: Wish them luck!

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One of the does is now nesting - a good sign. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll have babies :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Oh my god Cait...look at that little face :) how adorable...

Are they handleable? would they ever be handleable? what about the babies? will they be handleable?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.