Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After investing in an exo terra (vertical style) tank which they didn't like and moving them BACK into their original 2.5 foot (horizontal style) tank I felt the girls needed some more climbing equipment so I bought them this turret thing with a bridge, they LOVE it although one will stand in the middle of the bridge and not let the other 2 accross so they have to go all the way back down the other turret and up the other side but, being a tiny speedy mouse this is all done in a split second :lol:

Anyway this is the "toy" in their tank

And here are the girls enjoying it.......

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Whoa millet overload and how do they reach that water? :lol: So you're not selling them then? I saw a post you made on another forum saying you were selling some and since you didn't have a breeding pair...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MouseBreeder said:
Whoa millet overload and how do they reach that water? :lol: So you're not selling them then? I saw a post you made on another forum saying you were selling some and since you didn't have a breeding pair...
NOT THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE!!

I have 6 "older" females that I had to split into 2 groups of 3, I don't have room to keep them all so I'm trying to re-home one group ;)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
You kept those quiet. They must be a recent addition because you'd never had any when you got these from me? I am surprised someone wanted rid of does, they would be easy to rehome - as with everything (even though harvest mice bucks are actually no smellier than does) unfortunately bucks seem to be less desirable. Also surprised you had to split them, were they fighting?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Answers to all your questions (I hope but if I've missed anything please pm me!)

- they reach their water bottle easily it's alot closer to the bottom of the cage than it looks in the photo
- yes millet overload they've almost finished the "old" batch and I just stuck in the "new" batch but they don't mind as they use it for climbing more than anything
- the 6 x does were "abandoned" (for want of a better word) at another Pets At Home branch and bought up to me because I already had them so limited experience but more than anyone else had - plus they couldn't put them into the Adoption Centre as it's not a pet they sell ;)
- last (but not least) they weren't fighting but have you ever tried to re-home a group of 6?? I've been re-homing animals for close on 8 years now and have NEVER yet managed to re-home such a large group, so I thought I would split them up into 2 x groups.
- they are prooving incredibly hard to find homes for, which is why I've just advertised them which I wouldn't normally do but I desperatley need the space.

anything else - you know where I am ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts