Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our newest addition:

His name is Paul.
He is an unusually tame conure as green cheeks are sometimes a bit nippy, they're a bit like a smaller parrot with a big parrot personality. They're not paticularly good talkers but can learn some neat tricks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, he was showing off to my friend Sarah the other day. He was bopping so much I thought his head might fall off :lol: .
Paul will blossom into a lovely bird. In full adult plumage they're breathtaking.

This is Charlie my OH's long billed corrella dancing:
They have HUGE personallities. He also talks, he says several sentences like "where ya goin'" What cha doin'" "Hello Charlie" or "Hello Fatboy" :shock: ...They rival African Greys in language intelligence...in fact I personally believe they're better talkers and have far superior intelligence.
Oh by the way, Charlie did not talk when we got him, he was a mature bird that was mistreated. He was dumped at a local market because he was too noisy.
You can see on the video how his wings were badly clipped. He was quite miserable when he came home with us, poor soul.
He has all his flight feathers back now :D . He's now very bonded with my OH, he doesn't like strangers, I can't blame him.

Charlie on Australia Day 2008.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Aww, Paul is cute (did you ever see Paulie, which starred a blue crowned conure?) but Charlie is fabulous! I love 'toos. We have a medium sulphur crested called Banjo. Corellas are almost never seen for sale as pets in the UK, and if they are it's normally the Littles.

My favourite of the Pyrrhura conures has got to be the blue throats, with the painted a close second. We did look at conures when my 5 year old wanted her own "parrot", but their tendancy to be nippy made me wary for a child. So we got 2 hand reared 'tiels instead :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.