Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
My fave is the 5 1/2 gallon plexi tank as it's just the right size of a small group like mother and young mousies, but not too big for the breeding pair or even one great big old buck. The 7 by 10 plastic ones are acceptable for one mousie, but only barely. It's a bit hard to find furnishings that work with that small a tank. I have a bunch of the next biggest size of plastic tank, roughly equivalent in voloume to the 5 & 1/2'ers.

Ideally the top of the tank should be all open mesh or grid with a couple of inches clearance over the top between that and any solid shelving. Tanks deeper than one foot ought to have some sort of extra feature like a fan or holes in the side to provide adequate venting; otherwise,the really large plexi tanks are fun for a group of mousies as one can really go to town with the furnishings with in that volume of space. (I'm a total toob freak)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.