Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
This sounds like a very tough case; as much as you'd like to help the poor little dear, it may be more humane to put her down. If you need advice, please feel free to pm me.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
You'd end up spending at least $100., probably more. Call around and see if there are any vets in your area who offer low-cost services; or if that's not a concern, find one who knows something about small furries. A mobile vet who comes to your home would be best, as these small critters get stressed out easily when they are already not well.

I've nursed sick mousies back to health, I've also had the experience of getting one back to what I thought was good health only to see it expire just as I thought all was well. Another option would be to deal with this your self, research the non-prescription or easily acquired remedies.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Believe me, I know how you feel. And if you are successful you can polish your halo proudly. I, myself, have agonized over putting down critters, and am coming around to the realization that one does what one can, according to one's state of knowledge and ability to deal.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.