Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember someone said that they put their baby mice in the freezer, and they were still crawling around, so how do you know if your freezers cold enough?Coz my brother would feel guilty if he went back to get them out and they were alive.(Yeah i asked my brother to cull when i get my mice :oops: )

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Demi said:
I remember someone said that they put their baby mice in the freezer, and they were still crawling around, so how do you know if your freezers cold enough?Coz my brother would feel guilty if he went back to get them out and they were alive.(Yeah i asked my brother to cull when i get my mice :oops: )
Id say just don't look in the freezer for about half hour after you have done it. It also helps if the tub has been in the freezer for a while before you put the pinkies in.

·
Registered
982 Posts
My airtight boxes live in the freezer and they come out to pop the pinkies in and go straight back in with their lids on, I never EVER look but I would say they're gone within a few minutes as best.

To be quite honest I think they start declining the minute they leave the nest.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohh thanks, you made my brother feel better :lol:
About the meat thingy, im a vegitarian but the rest of my family isnt.

·
Registered
529 Posts
wouldn't it be quicker if the lid was off? Swouldn't that mean that the already cold freezer air could get straight to them instead of having to cool down the room temp air thats already in with them?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I know this thread is old but I would think a bag would be best also in something like this. And I would definitely not put a lid on top... the cold air would be able to hit them faster.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
plus if they were pinkies, you don't have to worry about them crawling out :) I just put mine in a bowl toward the back (coldest part for my freezer!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts