Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a broken RY doe, who I was hoping to use for breeding. . . but she just ended up gaining so much weight, she'll never be able to handle a pregnancy. She's healthy as far as I know, other that being pretty obese, the biggest mouse I've ever had. :lol:

She hasn't had any litters before, and is about 5-6 months old.
She's pretty friendly, but does do a bit of squeaking if you upset her. :p

Here's the only picture I have of her right now:

Can drive a short ways to meet. I live in Mechanicsville VA, near Richmond VA.
Let me know if you're interested. :)

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not 100% sure. I thought RYs had a connection to obesity as well? I don't think she is an un-marked brindle, because her litter mates were all satins, RY and dove selfs, and a broken dove.

What she really could use, is a much bigger cage, with lost of places to climb, and work out on. That might help her our a bit. She runs on her wheel a respectable amount, but she's just been steadily climbing in weight for a while. She seems to have evened out right where she is now though, and has been the same weight for about 2 months.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Pink-eyed brindles, especially ones with so many white spots, often don't show dark (in this case, dove) markings.

Recessive yellow has no obesity associated with it. You're thinking of dominant red/yellow.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.
I have no problem keeping her here, I just think she'd thrive better in the care of someone with more time for a more needy mouse. :)
She'd probably do real well in a large cage, with lots of wheels and climbing things to keep her moving.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
If I was closer I would take her.
I have a large "retirement" home for my retired does and my pets. Theres 3 wheels, tons of tubes and houses.
My unmarked brindles tend to be even bigger then my marked brindles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.