Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone apart from me and Debbie going to this show??

I've been showing guinea pigs aswell as the odd hamster, rattie and bunnie at this show for the last 6 years or so and it's a very poorly attended show for some reason.

You can show almost any "small" animal and it's set in a lovely big hall off the main road in the middle of acres of running and pic nic space for families and children. I think it's a lovely day out and the kids really enjoy it too :cool:

Best of all (for me anyway) you don't have to show mice in the Maxey cages so small tanks will do and I can (finally) show some meeces *whoop whoop*

It's held 4 times a year at Grazeley village hall junction 11 off the M4 (near Reading) :D

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I went about 7 years ago and it was indeed poorly attended and the quality of the mice (don't know about other aimals) was also not very good, since it's not an NMC show and I don't know but I suspect the judges are not 'qualified' in any way. Fine for a day out but not worth it if you want serious competition or comments on your mice.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very sadly the show was worse than ever with the majority of the animals in wrong classes I'm just amazed my rabbit was actually judged as a rabbit and not an AOV rodent :lol:

my young champagne adult buck won reserve best in show but it doesn't mean anything when you consider best in show was a dreadful example of an astrex lol but I'm not bitter ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.