Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Date of birth/age: All babies at the moment aged 2-4 weeks
- Sex: Both
- Colour/variety: varied, can give specific details of genetics on each.
- Price: £3
- Collectable from: Cambridge area or Enfield Show on July 3rd.
- What the mouse carries (e.g. dove tan carrying chocolate): Can give details for each mouse.
- If it is a doe, whether or not it has already had a litter: No all babies
- Reason for sale: Surplus stock

Ive got a bit of a mix at the moment some are mismarked and unexpected results from my show line rumpwhite litters and some are from my broken hobby lines which are based on show line mice (ie show mice type but not show markings or colour). Some are also from my abyssinians which have been crossed with show line mice but the babies so far I would not consider show type but some really interesting and varied genetics going on.
So more specifically:

dilute lilac tan rumpwhite doe (white belly)
black tan rumpwhite doe
lilac tan rumpwhite doe
champagne doe x2
chocolate tan doe
black tan broken buck (not much white but has a cute blaze,socks and white under)
black tan rumpwhite buck x2
black rumpwhite buck (with small head spot)
champagne rumpwhite buck
chocolate tan (or possibly fox) rumpwhite buck
black tan rumpwhite buck
chocolate tan (or possibly fox) doe
dilute rumpwhite doe
chocolate tan rumpwhite doe

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add some photos of some of the available babies, these are around 2 weeks old now (from a couple of litters some are a bit younger).

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Posting to update what is available now. If I dont rehome these guys before I'll bring them to Enfield.

Black Tan Broken Buck, definately carrying aby, satin and possibly carrying pink eye, chocolate, blue and cch.

Black Tan Rumpwhite Buck, (non show) mixed genetics as the buck above

Champagne Doe-from show line rumpwhites

Chocolate Tan Doe-from show line rumpwhites

Dilute Rumpwhite Doe-carrying aby and satin possibly also broken, pink eyed, blue and chocolate.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, yes she is available. Ill be bringing her to the Enfield Show on Saturday if you are planning to go. I can reserve her for you if you are definaterly going to take her, let me know

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh great, glad you managed to find this site, its really useful when you first start out to get some contacts with other breeders and exhibitors, theres a few on here.

Would you like me to introduce the buck and the doe rumpwhites, might save you some time in waiting for litters. Ive also got a chocolate rumpwhite doe I thought you could have so you can have a proper trio, Ill bring all of my available mice so you can have a good look.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thankyou that sounds great x I bet to begin with you have to be sooooooooooooooo patient to wait for those little babys :lol: :lol:
I have one doe at the moment who seems to have been pregnant FOREVER!!
By the way how many does can you put with one buck at a time?
I had better get the hubby building a bigger carry case!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont know what others would recommend in terms of how many does to a buck but Ive had a buck with 6 does before and regularly have 4 does with a buck. I seperate the does out into pairs, trying to match the size of pregnant belly, hoping that this leads to them giving birth at roughly the same time.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always have two does birth together and if one of the does doesnt get pregnant then I leave her in to help out. I rarely have any issues, maybe one or twice and I've had roughly 4 hundred litters. I think maybe it can come down to genetics and temperament.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wow thats a lot of babies!!!
When it happened i was lucky enough to have another mummy mouse who was quite happy to bring them up......by the time i got to them there was only 4 let tho :cry:
But they all survied and they are amazing colours, not sure what you would call them tho !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Whereabouts are you near Cambridge? (can pm me area code if you want) as its about an hour from my and i love mismarked and wump right meeces!!

I have given up with my mice from a certain mass breeder and have a fair few frozen now :( i will be returning them to him in cambridge area lol, could make my trip worthwhile!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I live in cambourne its cb23, its between cambridge and huntingdon about 8 miles from cambridge.
I dont have a huge amount available as I have loads going to new homes at the Enfield show on saturday. I have just had loads of rumpwhites born so in about 3-4 weeks Ill have loads.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The next one Ill go to is probably October, ill be going to the London champs (reading) in September too.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello Just to add an updated list of availability:

Satin Dove Tan Broken Buck
PEW Buck
Ivory Buck
Satin Black Tan Broken Buck

Chocolate Tan Doe
Black Tan Doe x 3
Black Doe
Black Tan Rumpwhite Doe X 2
Chocolate Tan Rumpwhite Doe
All ready to go now!

And ready in a week or so:

Dove Tan Broken Doe
Chocolate Tan Broken Doe
Black Tan Broken Doe
Black Tan Rumpwhite Doe
Black Rumpwhite Doe
Black Tan Doe
Chocolate Rumpwhite Doe 1x tail kink, from injury 1 x normal
Black Doe
Chocolate Doe x 2
PEW Doe
Black Fox Broken Doe (may actually be a very washed out tan but mother is a fox)
Satin Black Fox Doe
Champagne Rumpwhite Doe

Black Tan Rumpwhite Buck

Will take photos if anyone is interested, please contact me asap if you want any of these as I wont keep them all for long.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi,

A cheeky question :mrgreen: I have as many animals as I can look after at the moment. But I would love to see what these look like as ive never seen or heard of them brfore :D

Dove Tan Broken Doe
Chocolate Tan Broken Doe
Black Tan Broken Doe
Black Fox Broken Doe

Its ok if you don't have time xxx

1 - 20 of 26 Posts