Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Date of birth/age: 5 weeks old
- Sex: both
- Colour/variety: black tan; some variations; some rex coats
- Price: 5 pounds
- Collectable from: Brighton (Centre)
- What the mouse carries (e.g. dove tan carrying chocolate): Black tan carrying white and grey
- If it is a doe, whether or not it has already had a litter: no
- Reason for sale: unexepcted litters

I have twelve babies after I got two does that both turned out to be pregnant. I have 6 boys and 6 girls. Some variations but most are black tan, some have white markings, 3 are grey with tan stomachs. About half of them have really cute rex coats. I have a few people interested in the girls but not much interest in the boys yet. I'd be grateful if anybody could offer any of them homes. I've handled them all from a few days old so they're really friendly and used to children. They're already eating solid food and drinking water but I'd rather leave it a few more days before separating from the mothers.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
If they are 5 weeks old now hon, you need to take the boys away from thier mums pronto, and cross your fingers for no more unwanted pregnancy! ;)

Willow xx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! They're not 5 weeks yet...just under 4, I put 5 as that's when I was thinking of letting them go. Do you think I should separate them earlier? It's just that people have been saying 6 weeks but like you said I don't want any (more) unwanted pregnancies!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
If they are pet shop mice i would say take out as soon as they hit 4 weeks... but only you can judge it hon.

How developed are they 'boy wise'? Hopefully the sisters should be safe, because generally (and i say generally because very young pregnancy can occur) girls become fertile later than boys... but it is possible for the sons to catch the mums unawares if left in past 'puberty'

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Remove the bucks between 4-4.5 weeks. They are weaned at this time and don't need their mother any more, however they may well get their sisters pregnant from 5 weeks onwards...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts