Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I shall slap my own wrist for not using the proper template *slap* However, this doesn't really fit with my post...

I have some satin rumpwhites, with more babies on the way, so I was wondering if anyone on this board is interested for either show or hobby/pet. I haven't advertised any because they are all still young, but thought I'd give people here the first opportunity. They are mostly chocolate self rw, but also have a couple (literally) of chams. I should also have a couple of normal self black rw bucks in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have earmarked a couple for Julie pending collection, but we're not sure which she'll be taking yet. I have 2 cham satin rw does, 2 normal black rw bucks and I think I also have some choc satin rws that I can part with (both sexes). If anyone else is interested just shout. I must say though that the chams are too dark show-wise and I'm happy to let any of these mice go as pet or hobby breeders.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's what's available:
Black rw - 2 bucks (4 weeks old)
Choc rw - 5 does (4-6 weeks old)
Dilute (BE) rw - 2 does, 2 bucks
Cham rw - 1 buck
Cham satin rw - 3 does
Choc satin rw - 1 doe, 2 bucks

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I am severely tempted to ask you for one of your black rw bucks, those pictures are gorgeous!!

But then I haven't really got any girls he can go with, which means i'd have to get two of the choc rw girls off you aswell, and do I really want to start breeding another variety now?????

Pains of indecision!! Help me Sarah and Cait, tell me what to do!! hehee

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol: Marked mice do take up more room than other varieties, but are easier to cull early on. You don't show anywhere near as many as you would with selfs for example, but a good one has a longer show life. There are ups and downs to everything :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
How does a good rumpwhite bred to a self litter turn out??? does it ruin the markings or are they easy to get back through breeding?

The reason I ask is because i'm liking the idea of adding rumpwhite to a line or two of my lilacs maybe...

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Different people have had different experiences - sometimes the markings are ok and in my case they are usually dire *lol* with only a little splodge of white on the bum and tail. It could be done though.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
If anyone is having difficulty (Cait and Sarah) I can offer my services if they would be useful.
Live in M H and will be going to the show with SarahY. I'm also on hols this week so free to nip up to collect from Cait tomorrow or nip to Wiggo on Fri.....
That would be fantastic, as I can't do tomorrow! Do you have enough space to keep them until Saturday? I can lend a cage or two if you don't.

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fine by me if you don't mind! I can meet you at MH train station after work or if you prefer you are welcome round. Just let me know before 8am tomorrow if I need to take mice with me...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.