Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a lot of rats and mice, as you probably know, every now and again you come across a particular individual rat or mouse which is particularly special, and since I go through hundreds all the time I come across a reasonable number of them. If you're after a particularly sweet rat or mouse and you're near Melbourne (Australia), send me a PM :)

We currently have an absolutely gorgeous rex silverfawn male rat which is a poor breeder, quite possibly because he is the most gentle rat you could imagine, too gentle even to jump on a girl!

We have a black tan mouse with a belt and a blaze, he is an amazingly tame mouse, he sits on your hand and is very calm and friendly, although he doesn't get along well with other mice (he might live okay with females, but is probably best on his own).

Usually if we have an 'imperfect' rodent it gets eaten by a snake, but if they're just too sweet for that we'll try to find them homes first. As a snake keeper I have no reason to try to offload a 'problem' animal as a pet, and virtually all of our rodents are extremely friendly and would make brilliant pets. I'd only keep one aside if it was exceptional, so if it's available from me it's going to be a brilliant pet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The male silverfawn rat sadly had to be euthenased.

The mouse is still available.

We always have rats and mice of a wide range of colours and patterns available, these were just two which really did have exceptional potential as pets.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Due to a lack of interst, the mouse has also gone to the snak... er... big mouse pen in the sky.

At the moment we have...

A PEW rat who didn't produce enough babies per litter but is otherwise perfect, she'll be available when her current litter is weaned (about two weeks)... you'll need to put your hand up before then. Lovely, affectionate animal.

As always, if anyone is after anything in particular in Melbourne, Australia (or if you want to pay to have it freighted to you), let me know. We have a range of rat colours in hooded/berk/self either in standard or rex, and all sorts of mice. They're all of good health and temperament. The rats have been very carefully bred for many generations, and are as good as anything in the country, and in terms of health and behaviour, they're better than pretty much everything in the pet trade, and you won't find better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.