Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling these for my friend she has many for sale i dont think they are good for showing
she has:

Black and agouti sheepy bucks

broken marked black and white, black tan, choc and white, agouti and white semi longhaired some carry the naked gene as there was one naked baby in the litter.

Fawn, sort of cream and dark sort of agouti, and blue selfs

Mainly bucks avaliable
selfs and some semi longhaired £3 each
sheepy and some longhaired £5 each

Will be picking them up sunday so need to know the latest sunday can deliver if near or can hang on to them till the next LSCMRC show.
What ever is not sold will be culled.

regards Raindrop

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
The next LSCMRC is in October honey ;)

I am so very tempted after seeing your lovely fuzzy boy at the last show... but I really don't have the room right now, plus I *need* to concentrate on varieties I am showing, or certain people may kill me. hehe

W xx

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol i know the next show is ages away but i am still prepared to hang on to them till then. Its ashame there isnt any shows there for a few months : (

They are lovely looking sheepy boys mainly agouti very pretty you know you want a lovely buck really lol

She dosnt currently have any hairless for sale but her Semi longhaired do carry the hairless gene she may have some in the future so i can give you her web address.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What are 'Sheepy', please: I have not come across this term before? Has it to do with coat texture, in some form or other?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you. Is 'sheepy' a general term, i.e. in universal use; or is it just a local term, or your own term for fuzzies? I ask because I had not seen it hitherto. (I have looked on your website, which looks as though you have put a lot of work into it. However, I find it difficult to see the coat texture from photographs. One obviously needs 'hands on' experience fully to appreciate the wonderful woolly texture of the coat).

Did I read somewhere that some 'wooly' fuzzies can be almost hairless?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was lucky enough to meet one of these fuzzy mice and it kinda feels like a wooly jumper that has been put on a hot wash!! LOL.
But they are very sweet tho :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When i first had them i thought they were rex mice but some one told me they are sheepy/fuzzy so i suppose it a common tern used. I have some more pics i will look through and see if i can find a better pic lol or i will try and take a few more.
It is best to see them in person to fully appreciate them and actually feel there coat which really does feel wooly lol, you will find some are more wooly than others they have better coats and some are not so crinkly.

Do you ever go to the mouse show in enfield?
I often show my sheepy there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, I have never been. It is quite a journey to what was Middlesex, from the Isle of Wight.(I don't know in what county the politicians have placed Enfield - since Middlesex, officially, ceased to exist?)

Ferries: with both required waiting time (half an hour before each sailing) and journey time, add considerably to, both ends of the day. I may be going to Reading, however. Like you, I always make sure that someone is at home, (to deter a certain unkind type of person who might think everyone is away at a show!) Although the Island is a little more peaceable than is the general ethos of the mainland. So, from that point of view it is good to be on an island.

I think all coat types are interesting, including, the Abyssinians, which is a coat type I have never witnessed in the 'flesh' so to speak.
I like longhaireds and so I am pretty sure I would be greatly fascinated by 'sheepy' fuzzies, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts