Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Date of birth/age: Aged only about 10 days at the moment.
- Sex: Male
- Colour/variety: Dilute (ce gene) Rumpwhite (mismarked)
- Price:
- Collectable from: Cambridge (Maybe Enfield in November!)
- What the mouse carries (e.g. dove tan carrying chocolate): Unsure but I am guessing it is a dilute blue/blue tan. Possibly carrying chocolate, tan and broken.
- Reason for sale: Not suitable for show line breeding

I was wondering if any hobby or feeder breeders would be interested in this young buck. I havent seen a shade of dilute like this before (I have had black and chocolate dilutes) so assuming the base colour has an affect after the dilution gene then I think he is a blue/blue tan. At the moment he is a very pale soft shade almost looks like a black eyed silver, I can barely make out the demarcation line where he has rump white markings. I find the c locus interesting but the most confusing, if anyone is interested in experimenting then let me know and I will keep him to one side.
Please let me know asap.

Ian

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As the dilutes markings have developed he isnt poorly or mismarked at all he is actually a well marked little r/w with a particularly good under. He is a very attractive shade and I think he would be a treasured pet/hobby stud buck. If anyone is interested please let me know asap.

I also have a little black tan doe from my rumpwhite lines although she isnt marked apart form a tiny white spot at the end of her tail. Would make a good pet or hobby breeding doe because she is carrying a wide variety of genes so with the right buck you could produce a really varied litter. Both are currently only 2 weeks old but I would consider letitng them go to new homes at the Enfield Show which I think is November 7th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts