Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if there would be any interest if I were to convert some plastic storage boxes into mouse cages? The suitable ones I can currently get are:
11 litre
32 litre (23x15.5 inches)
45 litre (similar to 32l but taller)
Also a large carrier with clip fastenings and handle, 14x11 inches so also suitable for rats, hedgehogs and other small animals.

I have not investigated other sizes but may be able to get them if requested. If people think they may be interested I will work out costs. These would probably be best as collection from me or an NMC show purely because postage would be expensive, though I am willing to post.

Here's a current 32 litre one, I have actually now got black cable ties so you will not see the fastenings in future versions.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Your bins look so neat... I wish you made your offer before I made my own, and burnt 7 of my fingers on the hot glue gun. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can also get 16 and 24 litre sizes that are suitable for mice.

The carriers are 14x11 inches and suitable for rats, gerbils, hamsters and other rodents (5mm mesh) as well as hedgehogs and other small exotics. If you are looking for a smaller carrier I can try to source these.

Also, to amend my original post, the 45 litre boxes have a smaller footprint than the 32 litre but are taller.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I could find out how much it costs to ship some boxes to Montana HrtKid. It won't be pretty, but it shouldn't be too much since they're not heavy, and I can stack 4-5 with no problem. And I'll take the water bottles off of the side (mine come with water bottles) and put them inside the boxes.
I'll ask about shipping charges, and let you know what's up. :)

I'd also like to know what you're selling your boxes for. :)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have looked into prices to post to the US and it is many times the price of one cage, so I really don't think international shipping is viable. Rhasputin may be able to ship to Guam cheaply though as she's a lot nearer I believe.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have now got a sample of a box with black fastenings, a much neater look:

The cost of this size of box (23 inches by 15.5 inches approx) is £8.99. If anyone would like to order some please get in touch. Other sizes are available including normal and extra large carriers, and 11, 24, 32 (shown above) and 45 litre boxes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
what would be the damage on sending 8 of these 32ltr tubs to watford.. looking to do me own tubs but atm i just dont have the time. :D

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have checked on Royal Mail's website and to send 8 of these (by standard parcels which is the cheapest way) it will cost £13 (equivalent to £1.63 per box).

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am really interested is some carriers for transporting my rats mice and hamsters about may i ask if you have photos of the different sizes please and prices of them and a PnP price also ?

Very many thanks
Juliet :)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you're going to Enfield show? If so I may be able to get them there to save you the P&P. I have a 14x11 inch carrier but haven't converted it yet. I'll do it this week when I can and post some pics for you. I don't have rats any more but I could put one of my APH in to show size as my female is the same size as the rats were (show line bucks, 650g-ish). I'll also work out the cost properly :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I know this is very thick but whats a APH ? Thankyou for the info too ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
So for the same 8 boxes to America it would be approximately 25 dollars. I'm only guessing that symbol means Euro if not please correct me xD My country calculator doesn't have pounds. Which by the way for 8 of them that is totally worth the 25 dollars, although it will probably cost more cause she cannot flat box ship them I don't think.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts