Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Date of birth/Age-21st February 2009 (6 weeks)
- Sex-2 x Blue Bucks and 1 X Black Doe (carrying blue)
- Price-£3 NMC Members £5 non-members
- Collectible From- Cambridge maybe one of the shows coming up possibly Swindon or Enfield.
- What the mouse carries (E.g Dove tan carrying chocolate)-The doe carries Blue.
- If it is a doe, whether or not it has already had a litter-Nope too young.
- Reason for sale-The bucks are surplus as for some reason I kept three in a litter and the doe is surplus because she is black not blue and has a few pale hairs which I'm trying to breed out.

These mice are part of my attempts to improve the colouration of my blues so they can be considered serious contenders at shows in the future. However at the moment they are just really nice mice, healthy and typy but need some work on colour which could be done by out breeding to a line of well coloured blacks or blues. I think there is potential for any one hoping to breed for show lines, as long as they are prepared to put some work in or alternatively they would be make beautiful pets. The bucks are currently living together happily.

Im just going to run out and take some pictures!

ETA: Here are the pics:
All three blue bucks:

A better view of one of the Blue Bucks:

Black Doe:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have a surplus Black buck carrying Blue which is only a week old at the moment and also have several surplus bucks in the nest a mix of black and blues (all blacks carrying blue). I had three blue does all litter last week and out of 14 babies produced only 1 is a doe so I've had to keep a few bucks as well but they will be available from 5 weeks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Ian

you say that you are going to the Enfield Show, is that the May one? would the baby mice be ready for that show?

I am considering going to this show if I could collect a couple more mice. My rats have recently had a virus so I wont be showing them, but if I can get a couple more mice I may do the trip :)

I am only breeding mice to show at LSCMRC shows and to sell on as pets so I do not want too many varieties. I currently have only Cream but find the Blues very attractive.

Would it be possible for me to purchase the Black Doe and a Blue Buck in order to try and breed some Blue mice? Would this be a good combination?

All advice gratefully received :)

Lisa

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Lisa,

I am sorry for the late reply I have been away for a few days. The black doe is carrying blue so the pairing would result in a 50/50 mix of blues and blacks although all of the blacks would be carrying blue too so even they can be useful.
Im hoping to go to Enfield and the mice are ready to go anytime now, I'll reserve them for you..

Ian

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, see you there!

I still have one of the older blue bucks in the photo available they are 8 weeks old now.

I also have a black buck which is almost 5 weeks old.

And 2 bucks one black one blue which are 3 weeks old and they are from the same litter so hopefully ccould go together.

If anyone is interested pleases let me know, I really want these bucks to find a home.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK an update:
I've managed to find a lot of the mice homes but I still have one large typy blue buck which is almost 10 weeks old. I also have a black buck and two black does (all carrying blue) I can set up a trio or something. Again can pick up from Cambridge or from the Enfield show.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.