Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any good ways to get rid of fleas?Just been brushing my dog and theres flea dirt I think.Then when I stroked my cat I saw a crawly THING :shock: I screamed :oops:

·
Registered
445 Posts
a trick to check for fleas shown to me by my vet,

comb the dogs hair well then bang the comb on a hard surface.... get a paper towel and damp it with water then wipe the surface where you banged the comb if the paper towel had red specks on it the dog will have fleas. The red is ofcourse blood.. from flea poo and scabs from itching and being bitten.

If you wish to go to the vets thats fine but [email protected] sell the same stuff alot cheaper than my vets... :D you will need to know the dogs body weight though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,if you do get Frontline, its much cheaper to get it online. I get mine from vet.co.uk.Its half the price from what the vets charge and its usually next day delivery.

276 Posts
When I found a crawly thing on my cat we gave them some tablets that get rid of fleas, then we but frontline spot on on them and then we set off a flea bomb in the house to kill any other fleas, then we had no problem since :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Frontline we get it off a pet pharmacy website they are brilliant fast delievery cheaper than the vets aswell. Frontline we have used for years and never seen a flea on them. If you have fleas on your pet you are going to need to get one also to treat the home.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your replies :)
He's got rid of his fleas at the hair cutting place(cant remember the name for dog hairdressers :oops: ).Didnt know they could treat him for fleas aswell.

Ps.Havnt replied coz I've been in in after school detentions and crap lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts