Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my two pet store mice about two and a half weeks ago. Unfotunately, one has blown up like a balloon. I'm worried it's pregnant. My sister said she saw the other (normal- sized) one doing wrong things. I'm almost positive that it is female. Any tips for me? I've read a lot about it, but reading doesn't compete with experience. :D

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
You need to separate the buck and the doe before the litter comes or she is likely to get pregnant again right away. Does go into heat right before, during, and after giving birth. The doe should be given something like toilet tisse to make a nest out of. She should get some extra protein in her diet to impreove milk production. Dry pet food is good. Cooked egg yolk is dynamite.

Pregnancy only lasts for about three weeks, so...anyday now!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm pretty sure the other one in the tank with her is female, but I'll separate them anyway. (Her sister-or brother, eep!- has been sleeping on its wheel lately.)Tomorrow I'll try to see if I can post pics of her!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, windyhill. I'm just glad this has happened before I'm going on vacation. Anyway, here's some pics of the mother-to-be.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
If you are sure the other mouse is female, then she must have gotten nailed right before you got her. If the other mousie if a girl, if you are sure, then you don't need to move her to a separate tank. My reading comprehension in the wee hours was not up to snuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I don't mind. Sometimes I forget what I said and people have to remind me. :D I've checked time and time again to make sure when Stella...got big. I'll probably separate them, as I'm not confident in my skills. :oops: Thanks so much, moustress!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.