Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mice seem to have decided to end their breeding strike and finally I have another litter, the first one since the beginning of November! Its a liltter of 6 (which probably means 4 are unmarked bucks!) but I am hoping that there are some decent blue rumpwhites.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's quite a relief, I had a bad feeling my breeding days were over. Luckily all I needed was some fresh bucks, unfortunately had to resort to breeding from a dilute rumpwhite buck so will be attempting to remove the ce gene from my lines for years to come but atleast I will have mice, dilutes are better than nothing!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now they have started breeding again I should be ok, numbers can build up quite quickly.

I havent done any test breeding but I believe the ce/ce d/d mice are a very attractive colour, very soft and pale not grubby looking like a lot of dilutes. It will be easy to week the dilutes out and hopefully it wont take too long to get rid of them from the lines.

Looks like there are 6 pinkes, 5 of which are does :D although only one is marked but atleast the buck is marked too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts