Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm pleased to announce that Fidget gave birth to her first litter last night. I think i counted 12 babies, here's some pics i managed to get while she was feeding!

12....i think?

Close up of some of the babies as i was closing the nest up again

Fidget came to help close the nest lol

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's deffo 12. Earlier today, Fidget in her strange wisdom moved her nest and all her babies to where the water bottle spout was....the bedding then drained the entire bottle into the nest :x so i had no choice but to move mum and babies whilst i dried the tank and added new wood shavings. She was ok with me moving them, and there were deffo 12. I swore i counted 13 earlier, but i could've miscounted or she could've eaten one.

For a large litter (for her first litter) I gave all the babies a quick once over, and they all have milky tummies, so she's doing a good job. As a treat for her, she's tucking into some scrambled egg and a little bit of Tuna :lol:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More than likely :S that said, the remaining 12 babies are all wriggly and have milky tummies, so she must be doing something right. Mind you, she loved her scrambled egg with some tuna (not my idea of a nice meal, but she happily tucked in!) xx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fidget is a strange mouse. I've sat and watched her painstakingly move the nest bit by bit, then each baby one by one....to the other end of the tank, then cover EVERYTHING in sawdust.....including her water bottle! :lol: spotted the little runt of the litter earlier. not much smaller than the others, but still a noticeable difference! xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts