Pet Mice Forum banner

fawn satin and siamese??

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  moustress 
#1 ·
hey i would really would like a siamese satin. im new to all this and still have alot to learn! if i bred my fawn satin with my siamese is it likely i would get a siamese satin? sorry if this is a silly question :?

#6 ·
Your siamese's mom? So your Siamese is a Satin carrier.
If you bred the Siamese, and the fawn (assuming the Siamese is a satin carrier) you will get satins, but not Siamese. If you get Himilayans, and you breed back to the Siamese, you will probably get your siamese satin that you are after.

Satin siamese are lovely. I have one as a pet, I really shouldn't have bought another pet doe, but she is so freakin adorable. :roll:

#8 ·
If you breed two siamese together they would definatley have more siamese because they both have to have two copies of c^h in order to be siamese. It sounds like the two you want to pair are both carriers of satin or sa because one of each parent was satin and sa is recessive. If you breed carriers of recessive genes together you have a 25% chance of getting satin, 50% chance of getting more carriers and 25% chance of no satin genes.

#10 ·
Sounds like you can do it in two or three generations which would take about 30 to 40 weeks, depending on how quick you does get preggers. You should do a Punnett graph, it'll show you the likelihood, in percentages, of the outcomes of each litter. It may be a bit of a guessing game, but with each generation you'll get a more accurate picture of what the genes are that your meeces have. You start out with what you can see Just put question marks for the first pairing where you don't know what the visible gene is paired with, one listed on the top from left to right, and the other mousie listed down the left side from top to bottom, and then you fill in the grid at each location on the chart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.