Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I also like the color/lay out, purples and yellows are naturally appealing.

Suggestions, get crisper photos. I would change the About Me mouse picture entirely. Even though the mouse looks healthy, the background takes away from the professionalism; Its a little "junky" looking. I'd maybe post a few of the magazines you've been published in (perhaps award page? or else after "pet books and magazines such as..."). Use periods in your phone number to break up the stream of numbers, and format the websites page a little different with bullet points (similar to below). This makes it easier to see which description goes with link, as the current set up jumbles it together a little.

Maybe a photo of a favorite winning mouse on the award page? There is a lot of text here, maybe break it up with an extra enter at the end of each of the three areas to give it some structure. Also, I see you have the least current awards/honor listed to the most current, I would have listed most to least, but then I don't show mice so perhaps this is standard? On the My Mice page you talk about the easy going temperament and them being good children's pets, if you have a nice picture of a child holding a mouse, this would be a good place to put it (I'd put in along the right hand side, a vertical picture).

http://www.fancymicebreeders.com
* A very informative UK website forum for all mouse owners and breeders.

Over all I like the site, it just needs some tweaking. These criticisms are not a personal attack, they are just suggestions about what I would personally do different.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I second all that Frizzle says, particularly with regard to the "About Me" photo. My eye was drawn to the background rather than to the mouse. Is it possible just to edit it? - the mouse itself is superb. Having said that, overall, I was impressed.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Gill said:
I second all that Frizzle says, particularly with regard to the "About Me" photo. My eye was drawn to the background rather than to the mouse. Is it possible just to edit it? - the mouse itself is superb. Having said that, overall, I was impressed.
Besides the background, the mouse's head is blurred a little (less extreme than the Home mice). I know that some camera's just aren't as quick as others, but I'd try to select for photo's without the blur.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello all, thanks for your comments, they are most appreciated and have been noted.

I will make some tweaks over the next few days and try and take some better pictures with sharper clarity - I fear it is a combination of camera and cameraman! :)

Thanks again,
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.