Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of my harvest mice are going to be on TV. They are being filmed by a wildlife photographer/videographer for a new Alan Titchmarsh programme called Seasons that will be on ITV1 in October time. A set is being built with small cameras in so they can film what they do in private too :oops: :lol: They did take a pair where the doe was pregnant too and were hoping to get footage of possibly the birth and the very young pinkies. Luckily the photographer has kept/bred harvest mice before so they will be in good hands. When I know more details I will let you know...

·
Registered
982 Posts
well ITV contacted me several months ago got me all excited about filming my harvest mice even had a visit from the production team and everything......

then they dissappeared without a trace, not heard a thing from them and I'll be blowd if I'm going to chase them!

hope the lot dealing with your mice are more reliable ;)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing but professional. The guy was knowledgable, on time and genuinely nice. He had kept them before so I have no worries about their wellbeing after they have been filmed (and during since he's the one filming them). I think they wanted to film in a (fake) natural setting so perhaps that's why they abandoned you - to find some they could keep for as long as they needed, and both sexes. Still would have been nice to know though!

·
Registered
982 Posts
MouseBreeder said:
perhaps that's why they abandoned you - to find some they could keep for as long as they needed, and both sexes. Still would have been nice to know though!
it was for a different programme - I think they just gave up on the mice because they said they'd been having endless problems trying to find them in the first place and then film them but yes it would be nice to know one way or the other.

·
Registered
863 Posts
How on earth do these people find out you keep them?

The only film opportunity i've had with my pets, was a small tarantula used for a program, they made the videos for some of Prodigy's music so i knew they'd worked with spiders and other creepies before....they found us through friends who own a petshop that well..doesn't sell spiders so found us instead :)

But as for nature programs etc, how could you take part :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
oh fantastic at least they will be in knowledgeable hands too thats great i'd be excited for my mice if it happened to me lol they look very sweet do harvest mice congrats on there stardom will def have to tune in and watch when it appears on tv

·
Registered
863 Posts
NaomiR said:
they have teams who trawl the internet, they tend to find us ;)

my guinea pigs were used for the Egg adverts 2 years ago :)
Haha! really? those adverts used to make me laugh, guineas are so comical! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts