Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It might be an open show Naomi... and I don't know who's judging Leigh my dear, but I might send a quick email to Eric to ask...

I need to know who to call to enter my mice anyway, it'll prolly be Terry, but need to be sure! I'm busy all next week with working and travelling up north to see my parents! :D

W xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sucks... I'm guessing its a closed LSC then, because if it was an open LSC then anyone could show!! (They have been doing alot of open shows lately)

W xx

·
Registered
543 Posts
What a shame the l&scmrc hold members only table shows. It begs the question what are they afraid of? competition?. It seems to me when they have open shows their members dont win, NMC members do. This should lead to them improving their mice rather than closing the door on people with better mice.

·
Registered
543 Posts
No I dont know it for a fact, but the show was due to be an open show I know that for a fact. I cant see any reason for closed ahows at all to tell the truth. If getting a judge was a problem I could see that, but Keith is an NMC judge. Most l&scmrc attract a small entry with a handful of exhibitors. I think excluding people, especially newer exhibitors or making them pay to be in two clubs is negative to the fancy in general. The l&scmrc would do better as a complimentary club rather than acting as an alternative. We are all in the same little boat Sarah. If I was harsh on the membership of the club I apologise.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Seawatch Stud said:
I cant see any reason for closed ahows at all to tell the truth. If getting a judge was a problem I could see that, but
I just view it as an old tradition for this club.I do agree with you about the problem that lack of competition brings.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dunno, I joined the LSCMRC because thier shows are closest to me (And it still takes me a long time to get to those) and everyone in the mouse section of the club that i have met have been very welcoming to me, I very much enjoy going.

I am not a member of the NMC, and I doubt I will be until I can justify spending the money it'll cost me to get to shows and probably have to stay in hotels. But I am new to showing, until I get my feet wet I will stick with the LSC. I do know if I want to make a name for myself i'll have to show further afield.
(Plus it may be pure laziness on my part I know, but the LSC uses Paypal for its membership fee's and the NMC doesn't)

A few excellent exhibitors I have spoken to say they don't show at Enfield because there is not enough competition... but how can there be competition, when your all not going?!?!?!?

W xx

·
Registered
543 Posts
You DO NOT have to be a member of the NMC to show at NMC supported shows, nor do you have to be a member of ANY of the small local clubs that run NMC supported shows. All mouse shows run in the uk are open to anyone except the l&scmrc table shows. The reason you dont get more entries and fanciers attending these shows is all too obvious it seems to me. I have been a member of the l&scmrc, but to be honest its not worth it as the "closed shop" policy excludes people who would otherwise be showing. I sent mice up to the open show in may and won best self, but I cant show this time unless I pay to be a member. How this is in the interest of the fancy as a whole I just cant see.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So the reason that people don't show there is because they don't want to pay two club memberships? I can understand that, but from certain people I have spoken to, they seem to almost have an animosity towards the Enfield Club shows, or am I getting the wrong impression? Is it something that has been going on a while?
Certain LSC members I have spoken to aswell seem to have an issue with the NMC??

For me personally, it was just a matter of Enfield is the closest show to me, so I pay for the LSC and can show in the NMC Opens anyway... If every Enfield show was an NMC one, I would join the NMC. Simples! lol
What I don't like though, is that if I actually do well on saturday, i'm gonna feel like some breeders I respect and honestly look up to, are just gonna think it doesn't count because its 'Only Enfield'

Just my feelings

W xx

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.