Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! Their progress is fantastic to watch and I have loved this little. What with not knowing exactly what the parents are carrying and what not and I was sooo hoping we'd get some nice pews/bews, I'm dead chuffed =D I'm just hoping some take on mummies ears now!

x

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We aren't all pews and bews afterall! Some have some markings coming in, looking rather stone like in colour (that kind of light grey ) so I'll go get the camera and see whats what.. Sigh! I was hoping they'd all be pews/bews and that I might have skipped this "not prew but dunno what they are" thing, oh well!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank SarahC, gawd knows. Silver has been suggested before for this line but I don't think we've settled on anything. I've just been calling them "not PEWS" lol! I will nab some piccies of the in a day or two and see if there has been any change, though I am pretty sure one has tan markings this morning =)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well! We deffo have some heavily diluted brokens of something or other.. Kallan pointed it out today too. I'm going to edit this to add some pictures in a moment. Not knowing is killing me xD

It's so light, it's so hard to picture it =(

My two keepers..

I'm not thinking it is silver anymore. Or maybe it is in a few of them but not all. As you can see from the keeper pics, at least one has a very, very, very light fawnish colour =/

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
In mice where the C- and P-loci are linked, there are mice who are anything on the A-locus, and cch/* or ce/* on the c-locus, and p/p, who look almost PEW. I've had many because my mice are linked c to p. It can be a real headache and almost impossible to photograph to show people what you're talking about, but very noticeable in person.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
These are the same mice (near siblings). You can see better in this picture that they are not white.

You can also see (from comparing to the other picture) that they can photograph very differently. :shock:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.