Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm generally the only fat, hairy guy with thick glasses and a Jewfro (that is usually in a pony tail). lol

I should be at the fall Rodent Fest, yes. I will be going to California in September and graduating in December, so attending fall Rodent Fest will entail some very careful planning and scheduling but I do intend to go.

I should have some mice available then, too.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
That was going to be my next question! :)
I'd love to know as soon as you know, what types of mice you'd be bringing.:)
You have such lovely quality mice, that I'd be very interested in maybe reserving some from you, that I could pick up at the show if that's at all possible.. :p

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very possible! I just got mice shipped from all over Europe and I plan to distribute them more widely.

At the moment there are a few breeders in the US who hog the varieties they keep, and while I do understand the need to be selective and not adopt to feeder breeders or animal hoarders (for example), there comes a point when not adopting to anybody at all harms the fancy as a whole and creates an "us versus them" mentality. I like to counteract that as much as I can and spread the joy of the hobby to as many people as possible.

If you're a member of the ECMA, there's a message board and an email newsletter where people generally keep each other up to date on what they'll have available. About a month or six weeks before any fest/show, the forum is usually buzzing with "In search of" or "available" posts. :)

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I just read your post about the reds you got. I'd love to be able to get a really nice one of those. I was going to say something, but I figured you wouldn't want to distribute them, because of the reasons you just stated! :p

But that's really cool. I'm not a member of ECMA, but I guess I'll go do that now. x)
Awesome!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basic membership is always free. :)

I *do* have some mice I can't adopt out to most people because of the contract they are under (and that has caused me a lot of consternation in times past), but the ones I can adopt out to people (like the ones I have recently imported) I love to because it helps people have nicer mice and that is my goal...the reds in particular don't have as good type as I'd like but they're probably the reddest mice in the country at this point in time. I only have two, so I'm hoping they breed well!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm gonna watch for updates on the red litter! :D
I'd love to get at least one, if not a pair from you.
I really wish you luck on the potential litters ahead for them! :)

I wish I had the money/resources to import mice from other countries, or even from just across THIS country. :p

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I love your spiffy white mouse judge coat. Very nice.

And I'm looking at this pictures and wondering why it is that like all mouse people wear glasses. LOL

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. It's from England. Judges' coats are used in the NMC, too--the idea came from a picture of Cait judging for the NMC. The ECMA has its own genuine embroidered judging coats, stewards' shirts, and Maxeys (for display mostly) but I don't know if I got a picture of the shirts, though somebody else might have. I bought them myself. We're very lucky, because I know a lot of American clubs can't afford judges' coats or shirts/uniforms. Now if I could just control my hair, I'd look more professional (pulling it back only does so much). :lol:

I have also noticed that many mouse people wear glasses. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.