Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 baby mice who are very close to Dove colour but as I have had a Dove tan they look either Silver or Lilac. the pics I have are not good so sorry in advance, the lil * wouldnt keep still :) They both have Tan tums too and they all have ruby red eyes not pink :?
Any ways here goes.
this one is the more blue looking in the second pic which makes me think its lilac? She is more the colour in the second pic in true life.

This one is very pale.

Also is this doe Argent? sorry about pic quality.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
the top colour is wrong for argente,they are orange.It might have argente in its ancestry or silver which also rightly or wrongly(bone of mousing contention)have a blue under coat.Unless you know their history its impossible to say for certain.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
I'd be the first to admit I'm rubbish at genetics.I'm only talking visually and from that point of view it's not.Somebody else might know from a genetic side of things ,certainly not me.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I think they're both doves - this is genetically a PE black so perfectly possible considering the parents you have mentioned. Ruby eyes are also a dead giveaway of doves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts