Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our syrian hamster , Sakura, a couple of weeks ago and since then shes chewed her way out of a pennine rat cage AND the new cambridge cage we got for her yesterday.She has plenty of toys and plenty of time out the cage so I don't think its boredom, but now she has to stay in the tiny pet carrier we have until we figure out what to do with her.We have a four foot by one foot aquariam that we're not using but im no good at doing things like making a mesh lid, plus theres no B&Q or Wickes near us to get the small kind of mesh.I cant risk putting her back in her cage because i have a cat and a shih tzu, and i dont want them to hurt her if she escapes from her cage again.I don't have enough money to buy her a tank style cage because i spent all my money on the cambridge cage that i got yesterday.Shes sleeping on my desk now in her igloo.Help please :oops:

Ps. Would a Duna cage be too small for her?I'd be able to afford one of them in two weeks i think.

·
Registered
163 Posts
she wont be able to chew out of this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-level-ESCAPE-PR ... 7C294%3A50

I have a few of these cages, you can get them in 2 storey and three storey version two and were commonly known as Critter 1, 2 & 3 although I think the name has changed now.

My rats often like to eat cages and when you get one that does it they rarely change and so they end up in one of these & I have yet to fins a rat that can get through one of these.

They can also be called Terenziani cages if you want to have a good old google and see if you can find one cheaper. In the meantime I would glue some perspex over the holes in the base of the cage with NoNails until you can afford a replacement cage.

Lisa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts