Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone PLEASE explain this to me? :roll:

What does a frizzy look like? Are they like velvet rats?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Most frizzy mice will have their coats straighten out once their adults and can look really close to a standard mouse, more so than a poor rex/caracul.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alrighty. :>

Well then what about a 'velvet' mouse?
I have a mouse that is a cross between a poor rex, and a mystery mouse (which are supposedly rex/hairless), that had really curly, poofy hair as a juvenile (I figured he was rex), but now it's short, feels rough, but is completely straight, and very very thick. He feels like velvet. :lol:
(His baby pic is in my signature, he's the one in the back)

His siblings were both oddballs too. One is nearly hairless, and has the shortest, thinest coat I've ever produced (she's in my signature) and the other looked hairless as a juvenile, and then grew a scraggly, thin coat as she grew up.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Frizzies sometimes just look like the mousie has condition issues; the hair looks messy and disorganized. Kind of like this, I think:

·
Registered
834 Posts
and i fussy i believe is a mouse with very little hair like mine,

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
:) i'm not a great fan of them but biggles above has such a pleasant nature, i think she's pregnant too as shes put on alot of weight the last 6 days. shall wait and see :)

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Yeah, I think that's right. Both types tend to look just a bit 'threadbare'. You can kind of see the remnants of the lovely neat rows of curls Mondo had as a baby (the red buck I show) in the way the hairs are bunched together in ridges.

·
Registered
834 Posts
aww he sounds sweet, i kind of feel for them its like they lost all there pretty coat i'm soft as hell, my partner thinks shes awesome so i'm going to use that to help me get more meece lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts