Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was looking through old photo's last night and I come across this one which I remember was kind of an experiment when I first started to cull.

Both of these mice were born on the same day, there was 2 litters of self black and there was about 14-16 in each litter, one litter I culled down to 6 the other I left as they was.

I know not all non culled mice turn out like this but this is what happened in this instance

They are both about 10-15 days old in this picture, I think this is my incentive to cull and why i have done so since this litter. I would never go back to not culling for these reasons :)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Just wanted to add this photo of two healthy babies from the same litter (the one Dom posted shows a sickly runt as you can see) to help those choosing which babies to cull. As you can see one is larger than the other, and all things being equal, the smaller would be culled.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ive noticed the difference in my litters, i wont say never but so far I think culling is beneficial and will continue to do it.

Especially with the bucks too because if I know i dont need any generally noone else wants them so theres no point giving the doe extra work to do for nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts