Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
does anyone own or have owned any degu? if so are they nice pets and what are they like?
just wondering, as saw some at pets at home the other day and they were soooo cute xx

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
diabetes? oh dear thats not so good....
im not going to pets at home anymore, i have to go and look at the degu everytime i go in there now.
theres 1, he comes to the front and put his paw through the wire to get ur attention, he then goes to run on the wheel, and then comes back to the front to make sure u were watching him on the wheel,
i love him soooo much :)
1 thing i thought though, they are quite expensive. the 1 i like at pets at home was £28. plus i wouldnt have a clue what cage or anything to get? x

·
Registered
94 Posts
Degus are special little things. I don't know a ton about them, but I've known some people who had them as pets. They are naturally diabetic, so they cannot have any sugar what so ever. A friend of mine lost one, and almost lost the other two, because she had a house party and someone ignored the "do not feed" sign and gave the girls some sweets. They became very lethargic that night and one died overnight, the other two managed to pull through.

They are also social, like mice and rats, and need to be kept in groups. They also take dust baths, like chinchillas, and are very similar to chinchillas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts