I had this group together:

1 black tan satin long hair female
1 black tan satin standard hair female
1 black self satin long hair female
1 black self satin standard hair female
1 blue satin long hair female
1 blue satin standard hair female
1 agouti standard hair male

They produced several offspring and I plan on taking 6 females from these litters and cross them with one of their brothers. I'm hoping that by doing this, I can see just what kind of genetics the blue, black self, and black tan females carry. The agouti male that fathered these young does not seem to carry much if anything. All the offspring are agouti so we know he doesn't carry albino or himilayan. We know he does not carry long hair or satin.

So it should be interesting to see what comes from breeding these girls to a sibling.

I also have two agouti siblings from that same agouti father together. The female is ready to pop at any moment. The mother of these two was a black self.

My last group is a light brindle-ish long haired female with a siamese male. She is sitting on a litter right now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The original group has already been together and produced all agouti offspring. I do not know the genotype of the buck as all of my mice came from pet stores. Though, so far he's been in with a black self and only produced agouti and now the group above and only produced agouti. Of course the agouti he has produced with the girls listed above have been much darker (almost blue looking) than the agouti from his previous pairing with the black self. Now I'm raising up some of his daughters from that group to breed with one of his sons to see what comes of it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought them at the same time and when I got home, I had planned to pair the brindle up with an agouti male and just keep the two siamese together. I had a male and female siamese but the female siamese got pregnant and died. Since she was available for breeding, I went ahead and put them together. I have two light tan babies (same color as the siamese but I'm not sure if they have any points) and two black tan babies from their litter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.